I am a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), working with Prof. Tarek Abdelzaher and Prof. Josep Torellas as a part of the ACE research center.
I received my PhD in Computer Engineering from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Virginia (UVA), where I was fortunate to work under the supervision of Prof. Brad Campbell. I was a member of UVA Engineering Link Lab.
My research aims to enable green and sustainable computing for ubiquitous sensing in the domain of Internet-of-Things, mobile computing, and wearables. I work at the intersection of energy-harvesting and intermittent systems, low power embedded systems design, edge machine learning, and wireless sensing. In my research, I look for ways to combine hardware and software systems efficiently to introduce better energy-management as well as novel, accurate, and reconfigurable sensing, empowering sensors embedded in our daily life to enable a sustainable planet.
Before obtaining my PhD, I received my undergraduate degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in 2016.
- Ph.D., Computer Engineering, University of Virginia, 2023
- M.S., Computer Engineering, University of Virginia, 2020
- B.S., Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, 2016
- September 2023 — Presented my research in Computer Science Colloquium Speaker Series at UIUC.
- August 2023 — I am delighted to receive Grainger Distinguihshed Postdoctoral Fellowship and Illinois Future Faculty Fellowship from UIUC CS and Engineering
- June 2023 — I defended my Dissertation on “Designing Batteryless Energy-harvesting Sensors for Sustainable Internet-of-Things”!!
- April 2023 — I have been selected as a Rising Star in CPS to participate in University of Virginia CPS Rising Stars workshop 2023
- March 2023 — Research for Industry talk “Designing Energy-Harvesting Devices for Sustainable Internet-of-Things” at Networking Research Group, Microsoft
- January 2023 — Invited talk “Sustainable Internet-of-Things with Batteryless Energy-harvesting Sensors” at Earth Systems Predictability & Resiliency Group, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- November 2022 — I presented my research on “Broadening the Capabilities of Self-Powered Energy-Harvesting Systems” at the Link Lab Student Seminar!
- November 2022 — I won the University of Virginia Link Lab Student Seminar Award as a recognition of my accomplishements in the cyber-physical systems field!
- November 2022 — Presented SolarWalk paper in ACM BuildSys 2022
- October 2022 — Presented RetroIoT paper in ACM MobiCom 2022
- October 2022 — Presented a 3-MT on my research at ACM S3 workshop at MobiCom 2022.
- September 2022 — I presented my research on Altair project and won the Second Runner up for ACM SIGBED Student Research co-located with Embedded Systems Week.
- August 2022 — I was awarded a Travel Grant to attend ACM MobiCom 2022.
- May 2022 — I presented Altair virtually in ACM IPSN 2022
- September 2021 — I attended the virtual Grace Hopper Celebration as a Student Scholar.
- April 2021 — I participated in the virtual CRA-WP Grad Cohort and was inspired by many interesting talks!
- January 2021 — I gave a talk on “Making IoT Batteryless: Challenges and Opportunities” at the
Embedded Systems Lunch Meetings, University of California, San Diego